Do you want to be part of a great growth story?
AccountsIQ is the consecutive winner of the Enterprise Accounting Software of the year for the last two years running as well as being listed in the Deloitte Fast 50. With an entrepreneurial and friendly spirit at the heart of our culture, we combine teamwork, customer service and innovation to bring world-class accounting software to medium-sized businesses all over the world.
Built only for the Cloud, AccountsIQ simplifies how Finance teams capture, process, and report the results of multi-location businesses.
We started out in 2008 with a vision for the future what is to be the most connected and easy to use Cloud Financial Management System for multi-entity groups and franchises. Innovation is a core part of what we do and utilising the latest technologies available is part of our DNA.
That’s our story so far and we have an ambitious product development roadmap for the next 3 years. Headquartered in Blackrock, Dublin with an office overlooking the sea and next to the Dart, we also have offices in London and an offshore team in Croatia. We are growing both the R&D base in Ireland and our sales and marketing operation in the UK.
If you want to be part of our story or know of someone who does, read on.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring high levels of performance, availability, and security of our production database platform on Azure.
- Level 2 administration/support work with many MS SQL databases on production platform
- Writing SQL scripts to facilitate the diagnosis and resolution of issues in real time
- Constantly manage database platform according to best practices and provide recommendations and implement improvements.
- Working with Engineering Team on database design and implementation of changes as part of the normal software development process
- Analyse SQL Level Performance and provide recommendations
- Coordinate team resources to effectively manage projects, incidents, and problems
- Mentor/lead other team members.
- Managing disaster recovery, backup & restore processes for SQL Server on Azure platform
- Appetite for Learning & Adopting the latest technologies and tools and making recommendations
- Manage and monitors SQL jobs and SSIS packages
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this superb opportunity, you must have at least three years’ experience of the following technologies:
- Expert knowledge of MS SQL Server, T-SQL and experience with running SQL Server on Microsoft Azure Managed Instance
- Over five years’ verifiable track record as a SQL server DBA including performance monitoring and performance tuning of existing databases and database backups is required.
- Experience with database migration projects (e.g. version upgrades) and data centre migration projects.
- Previous experience with Azure Monitoring is desirable.
- MSSQL certifications.
- Experience with Database Design and working with a software engineering team implementing changes
- Experience with Disaster recovery solutions.
- Knowledge & Experience Building and supporting SSIS packages
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a cool head under pressure.
- Experience leading/mentoring other team members
- A degree in a relevant IT related discipline is also essential.
- Experience in working with source control and continuous delivery is desirable.
- Competitive salary package
- Friendly & supportive culture
- Ongoing Professional Development Subsidized
- Company Pension
- Access to Employee Share Ownership Scheme
- Flexibility in terms of working from home
- Taxsaver Public Transport Travel Scheme
View full job description.