Cloud Accounting Security
By using a cloud based service you avoid no upfront licence fees, no investment is required in infrastructure, and your maintenance and upgrades are automatically included in your monthly charge
. To provide this service with the optimum level of Cloud accounting security we only deal with world leading partners in security and hosting.
Specialist Hosting Services
Hosting and delivery of our application over the Internet is a critical component of our overall service and our cloud accounting security systems. We work in tandem with Dimension Data, the world experts in delivering web-based and Software-as-a-Service applications. Dimension Data is backed by world leading technology companies such as Intel Capital and NTT (Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation), and has a SSAE 16 Type 2 Certification and is certified ISO 27001:2005 (GSC) for Information Security along with PCI Certification.
Hosting and Security
Specialist Security Protection For Your Data
We understand that security is a paramount concern for any business, and we take our clients’ data security extremely seriously. That is why accountsIQ security is based on a sophisticated, multi-layered security model and a set of important safeguards, to protect your data online.Our architecture’s security model is externally validated by independent security experts. We believe our cloud accounting security is far more robust than most systems running on internal company servers because it has:
- Top-level firewall protection against intrusion – and any potential threats are monitored 24/7 and notified to us immediately
- Automatic data backups sent each night to a remote backup facility
- Systematic monitoring of the latest security patches and anti-virus updates and their immediate implementation where necessary
- Best practice procedures and systems for data security, facility security and user security.
External client company users log on directly to our application servers, which are protected by firewalls to protect against unwanted access. All data transmitted to/from the hosting site is 256bit encrypted, including any documents attached to accounts or transactions. The data relating to your company is stored in a Storage Area Network (SAN) controlled by separate dedicated Database Servers running Microsoft SQL Server 2016. Each client company has a unique database (ie: their records would be held in a separate unique database and not co-mingled with records from other companies in one large database).
All AccountsIQ client data is hosted in Dimension Data’s high-security data storage facility. The facility’s security features include:
- Biometric scanning and electronic key access for internal security
- CCTV camera coverage of entire facility, including cages
- Back-up generators and UPS (uninterruptible power supply) systems
- Automatic alarm system notification of law enforcement agencies
- Shipping and receiving area walled off from hosting co-location areas
Our cloud accounting security system allows administrators to control which functions each user within a client company can access and view.
This allows for a clear and secure delegation of tasks and system access according to job requirements. You have total control over who accesses data, and what they can see and do through predefined user profiles.
- Owner managers can be set up with access to summary management reports
- Data entry personnel can be set up with access to order entry screens only
- Auditors can be provided with read only access to reporting tools